NLC is a modern freelance translation agency that specialises in producing top-quality translations from Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch and English into German. In addition to translations, NLC also offers editing and localisation services. The company is run by me, Annette Bredewold, and I always work with the latest version of SDL Trados as well as the most up-to-date MS Office programmes.??
In my over 12 years of experience, I have taken on projects of various sizes. This includes everything from mini translations of one sentence to a large project spanning over several years comprising approx. 1,200,000 words. In this process, I have been able to successfully establish a considerable client base with the majority of my clients sending me new jobs on a monthly basis, and some even every week.
My specialist fields are as follows:
- Technical documents, in particular mechanical engineering and vehicle construction, chemicals industry, paper industry, energy supply systems.
- Legal texts, e.g. employment contracts, purchase contracts, divorce papers, prosecution abroad (e.g. in the event of infringement of the Highway Code), litigation documents / court decisions related to civil and criminal law.
- Financial documents (financial reports, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, etc.)
- Recipes, cookbooks
Further experience includes:
- Medical translations, predominantly in the field of orthopaedics, psychiatry and stomatology
- Means of travel (websites of various cities, event-related documents, etc.)
- Motor sports documents (Formula 1, go-karting and rally, predominantly related to the vehicles and routes)
I would like to point out that I exclusively translate into German from the above mentioned languages.